In every story about me people seem to leave some things out – important stuff. You’d think since I’m such a well known character they wouldn’t, but there you’d be mistaken.
5 Things that weren’t in the story.
- 1. My name is not exactly Red. My name is Poppy. Yes, Poppy means red, but writers didn’t think Poppy Riding Hood had the same ring. I don’t think so – Poppy Riding Hood… sounds quite nice.
- My grandmother wasn’t sick. She loves to say, “I’ve never been sick a day in my life!”. And scary thing is she’s right.
- If she wasn’t sick what happened? Come closer, that’s right get you ear against the screen. She twisted her ankle chasing a rabbit. They’d been getting into her garden and chasing one she missed one of it’s holes and wrenched her foot something awful. Grandmother isn’t one to sit still so I was sent to make sure her foot stood up.
- The wolf never swallowed me. That would just be disgusting. (People believed it?) But he was about to turn us into a nice dinner over the fire.
- This is what I really look like:
Hope you enjoyed this post. This sketch of
Red Poppy Hood was done digitally on my new tablet. Still getting used to everything, but I had fun making up this post. What do you think?