When it comes to praying I can have good intentions and a bad memory.
There are so many things I can pray for, but if I don’t write myself a note (or am reminded regularly) I forget certain requests when I pray. Lately I’m trying to remember certain prayer requests on a regular basis, especially since there are so many things that need prayers today.
The Christians in Iraq are one of them, so I made myself a printable to remind me to pray for them, and thought you might like to join me.
It’s an outline of Iraq with the Nun symbol on it. The top flick of the symbol sits over Mosul where most of the problem has been occurring. I’ve found the simple reminder of pray encouraging me to do just that more often over the week.
If you want to join my in praying for our brothers and sisters in Iraq CLICK HERE to download a free printable version to tape on your walls or stick to your fridge.
So how you remember to cover prayer requests?
If you prefer having a professional print, I’ve put the print up in my Society 6 shop. I do make some money from each sale in my Society 6 shop, but the reason I made it available in both ways is so you can get a copy in the way that you prefer and will work best for YOU.
Just when you think life is getting routine, something busts it up.
Our dog, Cody, asked to go out on the back porch today and we figured it was to soak up some rays. He loves the sun so much we joke about him being solar powered.
But Cody doesn’t walk around sniffing all over the back porch. For about 10 minutes straight.
Curious we went out and peered down figuring it was a bunny under there, we tried to see anything underneath, but couldn’t. Thank goodness we didn’t jump or make loud noises, because apparently we have a skunk at home down there.
Of course I decided it was a perfect chance to sketch one:
The only question I have is, how do we get rid of it?
Ah, the oddities of life.
In every story about me people seem to leave some things out – important stuff. You’d think since I’m such a well known character they wouldn’t, but there you’d be mistaken.
5 Things that weren’t in the story.
- 1. My name is not exactly Red. My name is Poppy. Yes, Poppy means red, but writers didn’t think Poppy Riding Hood had the same ring. I don’t think so – Poppy Riding Hood… sounds quite nice.
- My grandmother wasn’t sick. She loves to say, “I’ve never been sick a day in my life!”. And scary thing is she’s right.
- If she wasn’t sick what happened? Come closer, that’s right get you ear against the screen. She twisted her ankle chasing a rabbit. They’d been getting into her garden and chasing one she missed one of it’s holes and wrenched her foot something awful. Grandmother isn’t one to sit still so I was sent to make sure her foot stood up.
- The wolf never swallowed me. That would just be disgusting. (People believed it?) But he was about to turn us into a nice dinner over the fire.
- This is what I really look like:
Hope you enjoyed this post. This sketch of
Red Poppy Hood was done digitally on my new tablet. Still getting used to everything, but I had fun making up this post. What do you think?